Label Rouge country-style roast chicken and potatoes
Preparation time: 15 mn
Cooking time: 1 h 15 mn
- 1 Label Rouge traditional country chicken
- 1 lemon
- 1 onion
- 50 g butter
- 1kg baby new potatoes
- Pre-heat the oven Th. 7 (210° C).
- For the lemon juice over the chicken and rub it into its skin. Place the lemon halves inside the carcass with the peeled onion cut into four.
- Brush the melted butter over the chicken. Season with salt and pepper and place in a large oven dish.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 4.
- Brown them in a little oil in a frying pan.
- Arrange the potatoes around the chicken, add 15 cl of hot water.
- Place in the oven and roast for 30 minutes.
- Decrease the oven temperature to Th.6 (190°C), turn over the chicken and baste with the juices, turn over the potatoes and put back into the oven for 45 minutes, basting regularly (about every 15 minutes). 5 minutes before serving place the chicken on a wooden cutting board and cover with a sheet of aluminum foil, leaving the potatoes in the oven.
- Cut up the chicken, place the pieces on a serving dish, arrange the potatoes around them and serve immediately, serving the juices separately in a sauceboat.